Learning and Assessment Guide
Infant CPR added to Bronze Medallion / Cert II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
There have been some minor changes made to the Bronze Medallion/Cert II in
Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) Learning and Assessment Guide in light of
the LEC resolution that infant CPR needed to be included in assessment for
the unit HLTFA201B Perform CPR.
The changes made include:
- A new version number (this is 2.5 October 2012) (p.2).
- An note in the "New for the 2012/13 Season" that CPR assessment should be performed on an infant as well (p.8).
- A new D category for size of patient added to the "Activity Variables" section of "AT4 Activity Guide - Resuscitation" (p.21).
- Manikin sizes added to the "Equipment" listed and "Suggested Equipment" sections on the "Activity Tracker and Observation Checklist" (p.22).
- The question: "What are the three key differences for performing infant CPR?" Added to the "Assessment Task 4 - Resuscitation Supplementary" (p.31).
The updated documents have been uploaded to the SLSA website.
Please ensure that the latest version is being used by your Trainers and Assessors.
Academy Education Manager | Surf Life Saving NSW
3 Narabang Way | PO Box 307 | Belrose NSW 2085
Phone: (02) 9471 8077
Fax: (02) 9471 8001
Mobile: 0407 100 382
Twitter: @slsnsw <http://www.twitter.com/slsnsw>